Candidates must be based in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
Who We Are
We are a trusted, institutional crypto asset technology team that delivers leading data and software products to address the most complex data challenges. We build SaaS and DaaS solutions to convert crypto asset data into auditable information to support portfolio management, sub-ledger, risk, analytical and other financial reporting. Our products automate and optimize crypto asset data management for all businesses, including but not limited to funds, fund administrators, OTC and proprietary trading desks, exchanges, miners, protocols and accounting firms - and we are proud to call some of the largest crypto businesses and financial institutions our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop the next-generation core software infrastructure that will underpin Lukka’s main product offerings. This includes ensuring that, across products, we achieve consistent approaches and best practices for inter-application communication, monitoring, logging, exception handling, and interfacing to external infrastructure such as relational databases, data warehouse, distributed cache, messaging bus, and/or other cloud services.
- Build and maintain key libraries which are used throughout all the software. This includes deliberate selection of open source or third party libraries and ensuring they are kept up-to-date with latest patches and security updates
- Collaborate with Product, Backend Engineering and DevOps to ensure that necessary builds, configurations, and setups result in timely delivery of software
- Hit the ground running and be a full-fledged contributor to the team within 3 months
Who we need
- 8+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining production services, and understanding of how to compose a microservice or serverless architecture in either Java or Kotlin
- 5+ years of experience architecting and designing distributed systems, with deep knowledge of how such systems are maximized for performance, availability and fault tolerance, and properly instrumented for monitoring health and readiness
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining internal libraries used by application developers to standardize functionality, reliability, and resiliency capabilities
- Expert-level understanding of OOP. Professional work experience with Functional is a plus
- Deep understanding of various communication protocols, particularly REST and gRPC
- Deep understanding and practical experience using Kafka
- Strong knowledge for how to tune and optimize JVM applications - must be Java 8 or higher - memory management, garbage collection, multi-threading, exception handling - are a huge plus.
- Proficiency with RDBMS (i.e. Postgres), various types of noSQL storage solutions
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS, and Kubernetes would be a nice advantage
Why Join Lukka?
Are you looking for a challenge? Lukka solves the most complex data and technology challenges for an industry that is at the forefront of innovation.
At Lukka, we strive to anticipate and respond to the needs of this new and ever-changing ecosystem of digital assets. That was true in 2014, while everyone was focused on trading & buying this new asset class, we were thinking about the tax implications of crypto. That innovative foresight continues today as we evolve and iterate on our product suite to address the regulations and educate our customers.
We are looking for passionate, collaborative, and strategic individuals who want to help shape the future of, well, everything – starting with making crypto more accountable. We invest in our teammates, promote from within & are responsible to each other by fostering an inclusive space for curious minds to thrive and innovate.
What’s life @ Lukka like?
We move fast and continue to be ahead of the curve. You could be part of a growing company bridging the gap between business and blockchain.
Here’s some insight into why our team members have joined:
- Ability to own the projects they work on
- Less red-tape to take ideas from inception to delivery
- Being at the forefront of an industry
- Small team, big dreams
Of course, let’s discuss some perks:
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 70% for dependents
- Flexible PTO - burnout is a real thing, we encourage all employees to get out and recharge
- Generous Parental Leave - Your growing family is important to you and thus important to us
- We work in a rapidly growing industry and we need to also constantly grow. We can’t stay ahead of the curve if we aren’t learning. Every employee is given an annual learning allowance and encouraged to use it
- We want you for the long haul. We’re a team on a mission and we want you to grow your career with us. Promoting from within is not just something we say, but something we do
- Hard work is rewarded at Lukka. Our recognition programs are designed with you in mind – we provide free crypto to all new employees for learning purposes
- Team events - recent nights have included kickboxing, game night, and happy hour!
- In-office Fitness Studio - whether you want to lift, meditate or pedal it out on our Peloton; you’ve got the ability to do so
So you’ve scrolled, your interest is piqued and hopefully read all of the important things...now what?
This is an exciting time to join a team that’s at the forefront of this rapidly growing industry. We are looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently, are ready to face new challenges and chart exciting new paths. If this excites you, apply now!